Sunday 4 June 2017

Spring Awakening




Hello! While I was blog hopping around I came across a tag challenge that I fancied having a go at.

 
 The theme of the challenge over at Just Tag It is 'Przebudzenie wiosny' which means Spring awakening. I created some pieces of card spattered with water and various Distress Inks. The background was also stamped using SU's Timeless Textures and embossed with a very pretty pale pink embossing powder - Donna Salzar's Mix'd Media Inx embossing powder in Chiffon. There was also a lot of liberal spraying of Hero Arts Metallic Shimmer in Gold. Details were added in copper ink with my fountain pen. I have a super cute mint green Kaweco Sport fountain pen and I got some copper ink as a way of encouraging myself to write my Christmas cards last year!
 
I'm also going to send my tag to Di and Parsnip at Pixie's Snippets Playground because I think this might actually be my first 'distressed' style creation after the trauma of the gold embossing paste on the carpet slipper debacle...
 
Happy crafting! April x
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful and lovely words! Thank you for participating in JTI Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April, a gorgeous spring tag, love the soft colours and the pink embossing looks great, lovely use of your snippets the vellum flag with the lace adds some great texture, thank you for coming along to play in Snippets Playground this fortnight, good luck in the draw, have a wonderful week... Megan GD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tag April! How I giggled about the paste on slipper saga - only you, only you!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I know you will always think of me when you see gold embossing paste!! :-) Xx

      Delete
  4. Its very pretty, I love the detail embossed as a back drop x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - tag and I adore the colour palette you've used. Thanks for joining us at JTI - Przebudzenie wiosny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag looks fabulous April with lots of lovely detail. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.