Thursday 28 December 2017

Climbing Orchid



 
 
Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I had a lovely time, but I'm always itching to make a more spring-like card after months of making Christmas cards!
 
I was also desperate to have a go with my new Stampin' Blends that were a particularly fabulous Christmas present. I love them and they do blend beautifully! I decided to make a Z-fold card for these orchids from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. I also used some dsp that will be coming very soon for Saleabration. The Glitter and Clear Epoxy Shapes are the perfect size for dewdrops on leaves!
 
I created lots of snippets because I kept getting my base card wrong for some reason (possibly too much Christmas chocolate!) I know that isn't really the point. The only thing I can say in my favour is that the Whisper White used for the sentiment and orchids all derived from a snippet-origin! I am therefore producing my orchids with a flourish for Parsnip and Di over at Pixie's Snippets Playground. I would also like to enter my card over at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog.
 
Happy crafting! April x
 

 
Product List

6 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully, whatever hoops you jumped through to get there! The flowers are gorgeous. I haven't made one of these cards for a while but I know I made a template and put it somewhere safe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! Sadly I made a template and still managed to mess it up lol! Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I do love this card April! Such a fresh look and also as I have a soft spot for orchids as well :)

    Afraid my comments are a bit brief as am still trying to make sample cards for the Playground Giveaway!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely springtime card. Nice design and pretty elements.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore December Challenge “Anything Goes”. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.