Wednesday 9 November 2016

Father Christmas Earrings


Hello! I'd seen a few of these little guys around and fancied some for my ears too. These are the second attempt after a rather smudgy start. You do need to be patient with your colouring or you risk ending up with a Father Christmas who looks as though he has injured himself on a chimney...

I started off by stamping on the frosted side of a piece of frosted shrink plastic with black Stazon. If you stamp on the shiny side your stamp tends to slip (or it does if you are me!) Twenty attempts later I had a couple of efforts I was happy with. I used the punch from the Cookie Cutter Christmas bundle  to cut the figures out, not forgetting to make a hole at the top for a jump ring with my Cropadile and then coloured them with Copics.

After attacking them with my heat gun and then leaving them to cool I attached them to a jump ring and fish hook earring findings. All ready for my ears at Christmas! The earring box and card were all made from snippets of Real Red cardstock and Candy Cane Lane designer series paper.

I am sending my little festive assortment off to Di and Parsnip at Pixie's Snippets Playground.

Happy crafting! April x





7 comments:

  1. They all make a lovely Christmas set April. The earrings are absolutely gorgeous. Great work. I really have trouble with shrink plastic and I know what you mean about stamping onto it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! It's tricky stuff isn't it? I like the way it goes all curly when you blast it with the heat gun though! Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh how clever - you'll be the Belle of the Ball at Christmas time April! Always stamp onto the rough side of shrink plastic for sure - I bake mine in the oven :) Don't tell Len though - I wait until he's out at archery. Need to melt some plastic beads someday when am more mobile to make 'enamel dots' - again though, he'll need to be out of sniffing distance :)

    I adore your snippets make hun - well done!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! We used to have a grill in our common room when we were 6th formers. We used to grill and shrink everything we found - crisp packets, a Father Christmas and a doll we found in the road...we were naughty. I keep thinking I must have a go with melting plastic beads! Hope you're feeling a bit better. Hugs Xx

      Delete
    2. Why am I not surprised?! We used to have totally illegal and dangerous little immersion heaters to boil water jugs when I was in the 5th and 6th. Used to have to hide them from Matron's daily inspections of our dorms/bedrooms. Not easy when they had burnt bits of packet soup clinging to them! Oh - and we also used to pinch sliced bread and try to make toast on the old fashioned radiators! Happy days :)

      Delete
    3. I knew you wouldn't be surprised at all! :-)I love the idea of your clandestine soup-making!! Xx

      Delete
  3. Super cute earrings! This is a really fun set! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.