Saturday 4 April 2015

52 CCT Sketch Challenge


Over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week, Louise has a fantastic sketch with lots of detail to get your crafting teeth into! It reminds me of patchwork and I made my card design up as I went along. I thought I was going to make quite a different card, but I ended up using lots of cool greys, blues and silvers. All my card was made from scraps - just like a real patchwork quilt!



I started off with some pieces of Eastern Elegance dsp and combined these with a panel of card embossed with the Northern Flurry embossing folder. I sponged the snowflakes with silver ink to highlight them. The stamped areas were created with Stampin' Up's Eye-catching Ikat set. I have also added silver Glimmer Paper and stars punched from scraps.

It was a really interesting sketch to work with and I'm looking forward to seeing all the different interpretations! Have a great weekend, April x


4 comments:

  1. what a great way to use those scraps - love the color combo

    ReplyDelete
  2. très belle créations April, j'aime ce combo scintillant, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of your scraps April - love the embossing too. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you that this sketch was a super way to use up scraps. The shimmer and sparkle add punches of pizzazz to your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.