Saturday 7 March 2015

52 CCT Sketch Challenge


Over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown we have a sketch challenge for you.

  

You can use any label or embellishment you like and we can't wait to see your festive creations! Please have a look at the fantastic cards made by the rest of the design team. 

My card uses a tree die-cut that came with a magazine and has been hanging around for a while in my stash. I used the retired SU Lacy Brocade embossing folder to make the background, applying white ink to the folder before I embossed the card. I added some Crumb Cake ribbon and buttons as my embellishment. This is such a versatile sketch that I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's amazing cards! April x

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is clever! I really like the Christmas tree and the sweet button embellishments. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. très moderne April elle a un look très stylé, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. those buttons are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the modern look you've achieved with your card April, and how gorgeous is that embossed background?! Lovely! Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 'designer' tree, great way to use the sketch
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inking the embossing folder adds such a great look to the background. I hardly ever think to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. Neither do I usually, but it was less messy than I thought! Xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely card. . Love your take on the sketch.
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.