Saturday 21 February 2015

Mother's Day Card


Although I make lots of cards for workshops, challenges and design team stuff, I never seem to have the right card for real life occasions! I have been more organised this year and I definitely thought I would get (slightly) ahead of myself and make a Mother's Day card for my Mum.

I'm entering this in the Colour Me challenge because I felt inspired by the colour combo of Pool Party, So Saffron and Real Red.

 
What a great choice of colours! I have used drops of Pool Party re-inker on a chevron embossing folder. It was spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Pearl) and watercolour paper placed on top. I have stamped the blossoms in So Saffron and Real Red using SU's Flower Patch. Finally, I added the sentiment and a few pearls. I really like the subtle colour scheme combined with the touches of Real Red. April x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Mother's Day card - you are well prepared! Thanks so much, April, for playing with use at colour me...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to be well prepared. Your card is beautiful. I love all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of this card. I love how the textured water colour paper breaks up the stamped images, so cool! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...! Hope to see you around again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Hayley :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog.